Checking out books is as easy as 1-2-3!
1) Look through our library of quilts and books on the Library Page and find the book-quilt set(s) you might like to check out.
- Please know that submitting this form does not automatically confirm that you can have the books and quilts on the specified date.
- After we have confirmed with you, the quilts will either be dropped off or shipped to you at no charge. We will also include return postage so you can easily mail them back to us. Please note that we are a non-profit organization, so any donation you care to make will help pay for shipping and the upkeep of the quilts.
- When you check out the books and quilts, you will need to sign a waiver that says you will be responsible for them. Should they be damaged, there is a $30 book replacement fee and a $250 quilt replacement fee.
- Generally, we check out only 3 quilts to individuals, and 6 quilts to schools or organizations.
When deciding on a date, please take the following into consideration:
- Allow two weeks of up front communications time before you need the quilts.
- When deciding on a time range that works for you, please add 2-3 days to both the beginning and end of your event to allow for transportation.
- We usually check out quilts for 2 weeks at a time, including transit time.
3) Wrap yourself and your students in the quilt – and the story – and enjoy! Remember, we want your students to touch and feel the quilts so they start to understand the work that was put into making each quilt and to appreciate the comfort and memories a quilt can bring.